[NCLUG] Firefox strangness

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Fri Sep 23 09:00:02 MDT 2005

Hello,
     Wondering if anyone has seen this or not.  I'm trying to install
Fedora 4(i386) on my PC.  Keep in mind this is an PC that should of been
tossed in the dump 5 years ago.  Anyway, Firefox will not work.  It will
go to mozilla org site just fine, but most sites it will say connection
time out like www.cnn.com and www.google.com.  Konqueror has no problems
visiting any websites at the same time.  Fedora 4 came with Firefox
1.0.4, I upgraded to 1.0.7 and still same behavior. I then tried Firefox
1.5 beta and still same behavior.
    I noticed in /var/log/message some Kernel audit denied error related
to firefox. So I disable SElinux, and all firewall settings. No longer
getting those kernel audit errors now, but still firefox refuses to
visit most websites.
     Any ideas on this????

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at engr.colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'