[NCLUG] Wanted: Modems for GNU Boxes

jeff jeff at themoes.org
Mon Apr 3 19:44:27 MDT 2006

Hey,

I'm setting up a dozen GNU/Linux boxes for villageearth.org which they
are gonna give to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. Someone was nice
enough to donate a dozen Dells with 933MHz and 256 megs of RAM. Not bad.

The rub is that they have unsupported winmodems (PCI ID 12b9:1007) and
the rez has little DSL. Oh, I once had a nice pile of Couriers, but that
day is gone...

Soo....I'm sure there's folks on this list with nice external modems
they haven't fired up for years, right? Are you willing to donate them
to a nice cause? If so, drop me a message. :)

Oh, they left out mice & keyboards too (but we're gonna see if we can
still get them from 'em). And no monitors...

If you have any hardware bits that will help complete this package that
would be great. :)

Thanks,

-Jeff