[NCLUG] Wanted: Modems for GNU Boxes

Rich Young rich at experienceplus.com
Tue Apr 4 16:52:56 MDT 2006

I have a single PCI winmodem that I used for a year or so on my Fedora
box.  When I was trying to get some kind of modem working and went
around asking for PCI modems that weren't winmodems (because I thought
winmodems just plain don't work with linux), I was told that the
situation has changed over the last few years and many winmodems
actually work fine under linux now, and besides, as Chad says, it's
virtually impossible to find PCI non-win modems.  It certainly did work
okay for me.

So let me know off-list if you want it and how I should go about getting
it to you.

I'm Rich Young, and I approved this message.