[NCLUG] test emails

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Apr 11 02:47:26 MDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 10:50:34PM -0600, Chad Perrin wrote:
>Is there an address to which I should send test emails other than the
>main list address?

Mostly you shouldn't send test messages.  I can assure you that the list
software is working.  :-)  Oh, you want to test your client...  Well, the
only time that really matters is when you have something to say, so why
don't you use that as the test message and just not call it a test?  :-)

You can use the -request address extension to send a test message with
"help" in the subject to see if the mail server will allow it.  This will
show up things like your "helo" host being broken as it was earlier, for
example, but it won't test the full posting paper-path.

Thanks,
 I didn't spend 6 years in evil medical school to be called *MISTER* Evil!
                 -- Dr. Evil, _Austin_Powers:_International_Man_of_Mystery_