[NCLUG] Ousting Exchange

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Apr 23 01:13:44 MDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 04:33:02PM -0600, Chad Perrin wrote:
>. . . or you could use vanilla Debian Stable, which is legendary for its
>long release cycle.  The current Stable release, Sarge, was moved to
>Stable only last year.  You've got a while yet.

Nothing like with CentOS or Ubuntu, I hope for the sake of Debian users,
because there really should be a choice between "absolute latest" and "5
years old".  With CentOS you can pick from several releases which will have
updates for 10 years, and you don't have to roll your release when the next
version comes out.

When Sarge rolled, I had a pretty high percentage of systems with problems
that had to be manually corrected when dist-upgrading.

Personally, I think that Ubuntu 6.06 and CentOS are better choices these
days.  Of course, they weren't available back when I deployed those
boxes...

Thanks,
 What we see depends on mainly what we look for.
                 -- John Lubbock