[NCLUG] Ousting Exchange

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Tue Apr 25 05:48:17 MDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 04:47:07AM -0600, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 06:52:12PM -0600, Chad Perrin wrote:
> >Upgrading versions is not all that much of a burden -- and
>
> They may not be to you, but let me assure you that many people disagree.
> For example, probably anyone that regularly uses the phrase "enterprise
> computing" or "change review committee" without sarcasm...

Perhaps you should amend that to say "and" rather than "or".  I've been
employed were "enterprise computing" was used without irony, and where
"change review community" was used with irony.  I imagine that if the
latter was used without irony, however, in combination with "enterprise
computing", something as simple as a version upgrade would have become
something of a royal pain in the arse.

In the "real world", though, where the pointy-haired bosses don't have
everyone's family jewels in a vice 24/7, it's really not that big a
deal.  In other words, it's technically not bad, but when bureaucrats
get involved I can definitely see it becoming an issue.

"There comes a time in the history of any project when it becomes necessary
to shoot the engineers and begin production." - MacUser, November 1990