[NCLUG] Ousting Exchange

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Apr 27 17:37:39 MDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 02:00:14PM -0600, Chad Perrin wrote:
>better suited to the enterprise than RHEL in some ways.  One can settle
>into a given set of software versions for the long haul, without
>short-term cycle of upgrades that is part of the Red Hat and SuSE
>"culture", with the only software updates being for security purposes.

I don't understand what sort of short-term upgrade cycle you're talking
about.  With RHEL they will provide you with errata updates for 10 years,
ensuring that you don't have to roll from 3.x to 4.x for 10 years.  Debian
doesn't even come close to this.

Thanks,
 I'm addicted to placebos.
                 -- Steven Wright