[NCLUG] Question on Cable modems

Rust, Jaimeson (Jaimeson) % jrust at agere.com
Fri Apr 28 16:46:02 MDT 2006

Hi Brian,

You should be able to use a hub and dhcp additional IP addresses from the provider. I have comcast and utilize a hub, as you suggested, for a DMZ containing my webserver.

Another tidbit of wisdom is that you can purchase a really nice Cisco cable modem off ebay for about $40 and save the $3 per month comcast charges. All you need to do is call them up, have them search for the new modem, and add it in.

Best Regards,

Jaimeson