[NCLUG] Cheyenne

Michael Riversong mriversong at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 25 10:48:30 MDT 2006

Thanks, Sean.  I definitely agree with this.  My own experience is in running poetry readings, which can be really beastly.  A problem that poetry readings have, which is not so bad with computer groups, is that sometimes psychotics will show up & ruin the experience for everybody.  Had to handle a situation like that in Phoenix on Wednesday night, and it's hard to say if that will ever get resolved.

Staying in one place and time is vital.  Our Serendipity Poets group in Cheyenne experimented with moving around to various coffeehouses for a while last year, and almost everyone agreed that it caused a lot of disruption.  You can go to another location occasionally, like a field trip, and those are best scheduled at special times.