[NCLUG] Hard Drives for sale

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Tue Dec 12 15:49:54 MST 2006

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 02:46:20PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Onyx wrote:
> > Doh!  I meant to send that straight to Evelyn!  Sorry for the noise!
>
>   http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Alternatively, following such advice tends to result in lots of noise
going to individual inboxes as a result of people forgetting to use the
special reply-to-list functionality of a mail user agent.  The best
approach, I think, is to take a "principle of least surprise" approach.

When receiving email from a list, reply-to referencing the list is
unsurprising.  When receiving email from an individual, reply-to
referencing the individual is unsurprising.  Having to use separate
reply functionality for lists than from individuals, on the other hand,
tends to be very surprising.

"It's just incredible that a trillion-synapse computer could actually
spend Saturday afternoon watching a football game." - Marvin Minsky