[NCLUG] configuring ssh on Ubuntu

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Tue Dec 12 21:21:53 MST 2006

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 06:21:17PM -0800, S. Luke Jones wrote:

[ snip ]

> Any ideas?

Is it possible that you're using key-based authentication and don't
realize/remember that?  Is it possible that iptables is configured to
reject connections from unknown hosts?  Are you trying to log in with an
allowed user account?  Is there a specific port other than 22 you should
be using?

Perhaps you could post the contents of your various SSH configuration
files on both machines so we can have a look at them.  Obviously, if
there's something particular to configuration that you'd want to elide
for security reasons, I don't think anyone here will complain.