[NCLUG] Speakers for 2007?

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Thu Dec 14 11:57:43 MST 2006

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 10:13:24AM -0700, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:
> Topics I'd like to see covered:
>
> Virtualization - it seems like the technology is changing quickly and
> becoming more widely deployed. I'd especially like to hear about using
> virtualization in a non-data-center environment, or 'how do I get rid of 3
> servers in my basement?'

Answer: Give them to me.

Oh, wait, that's probably not what you meant.

> Security - what's changed on the threat scene? what is good security
> practice?

I might be able to do a quick rundown on some secure system
configuration practices late in the year.  It wouldn't be comprehensive
or relate directly to trends in threats, but would be more of a "This is
a list of things you can do to improve security, and a brief rundown of
the theory behind each of them" kinda thing.

I'm not going to commit to it right now, but remind me at the next
couple meetings, and I'll work on getting some ideas together enough
that I will feel comfortable committing to it.