[NCLUG] Little Lunuxes anyone?

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Mon Dec 18 14:07:14 MST 2006

"Mica Fine" <micafine at gmail.com> writes:
> Which is your favorite for old laptops, and why?

Oddly enough, RedHat 7, 9 and Fedora Core 1 or 2 based systems are
still high on my list. I still have a number of 16MB/32MB RH machines
running as firewalls, plus a notebook.

For small memory (<64M) systems RH9 is still a favorite, as most older
hardware systems are supported. A suprising number of more current software
packages will will source install with little trouble.

2.4 kernel based Fedora is also pretty usable, the later 2.6 kernels
page like hell, and are dead slow on small memory machines.