[NCLUG] Hard drive only Linux install.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Dec 20 18:42:51 MST 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 11:08:14AM -0700, Warren Turkal wrote:
>Also, it may be easier if you use labels or UUID to mount volumes if you don't

The thing I hate about labels is that if I plop another disc on the system
for any reason, like wanting to do maintenance on it, copy it off, recycle
it, and it has a label matching one of the labels on my system (like, the
system previously had Linux on it), then it's a surprise which partition it
will try to use.

UUID is probably the best option, but I'm usually lazy and just use
/dev/whathaveyou.

 My entendres go to three! -- James DeWitt, 2005
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/