[NCLUG] Multiple nics same subnet

Chris Funk chris at us-reports.com
Wed Mar 1 16:26:22 MST 2006

Hi all,

Maybe I'm just not searching right or this is a really dumb idea, but I
can't seem to find anything definite on an answer.

I'm setting up an iscsi target on CentOS 4.2.  That part is done.  What I'm
having problems with is: I have a 4 port nic in the machine, I would like to
setup a storage network on say 192.168.2.X  This is just a development
machine kind of a proof of concept situation, dump some backups to it etc.

Anyway,  I thought I would give each server it's own path to one of the
nics. So I setup  addresses  192.168.2.100 192.168.2.101, 192.168.2.102, and
192.168.2.103.  I'm sure you know what is happening.  All the traffic get's
sent back out the 192.168.2.100 nic.  I thought maybe shorewall and the
routeback option would work but it didn't.

Anything I can do to make the traffic go back out the same interface it was
received on?

At this point it is working just using 1 address, but it is bugging the heck
out of me.

Thanks
Chris Funk

SPECIAL NOTE TO CLIENTS
If you or your organization are a client of this firm and this electronic
mail message is directed to you, please do not forward this transmission to
any other party.  Strict confidentiality is necessary with respect to our
communication in order to maintain applicable privileges.  Thank you.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This electronic mail and any attachments contain information which is the
property of the sender and which may be confidential and legally privileged.
The information in this transmission is intended only for the use of the
person or entity to whom the electronic mail was sent, as indicated above.
distribution, dissemination or action taken in reliance on the contents of
the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited.