[NCLUG] database resources online

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sun Mar 5 21:16:57 MST 2006

A friend of mine asked me for some resources relating to database
design.  In particular, I was asked for "anything about database
management, or just data management in general, with respect to
organizing, linking, etc."

More quotes from the email:

"i wonder if you could point me in any direction for references on the
subject.  really, anything would be helpful, as i am quite unsure of
what i should be looking for"

"she needs to assemble a team for a data management project they will be
starting, and wants to get some idea of what it all entails.  as far as
references, hardcopy sources are good, but easily accessed online
sources are probably best for the immediate future.  again, anything you
may suggest will be helpful."

In short, online resources related to database design and management
would be greatly appreciated.

"A script is what you give the actors.  A program
is what you give the audience." - Larry Wall