[NCLUG] Looking for Linux device driver book

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Mar 6 01:26:49 MST 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 07:26:00PM +0000, bsimpson at att.net wrote:
>I am considering porting a device driver written for the
>2.4 kernel to a 2.6 kernel.  I have never done any Linux

The O'Reily book is ok, though by definition it's dated.  Don't know HOW
dated currently, I read it years ago.  I know that Jon Corbett did at least
one update to it, maybe it's more up to date now.

I must say that if I'm going to be doing C development, I'd rather do it in
the kernel than on the command-line.  In the kernel, you get tracebacks!
Yay!  Kernel work isn't really that tough.  It tends to be pretty easy to
read code.  It's not really any worse than hacking any other piece of code.
As I said, in some respects, it's better.

Thanks,
 Governments need armies to protect them against their enslaved and
 oppressed subjects.  -- Leo Tolstoy