[NCLUG] database resources online

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Mon Mar 6 14:29:32 MST 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 02:21:31PM -0700, Jeffrey D. Means wrote:
> Oh, the poor lady...  Getting her up to speed quickly will be next to
> impossible, but if she really wants to understand the internals of DBMS then
> having a look at the developer docs at mysql.com will get her started asking
> the right questions.  In any case thats where I started in my quest for
> knowledge on DBMS.

Thanks.

I get the impression the lady in question will be managing and/or
recruiting a DBA, and wants to know enough to be able to do that -- not
enough to be a DBA herself.  As such, she might be able to do well with
the right documentation.

"The first rule of magic is simple. Don't waste your time waving your
hands and hopping when a rock or a club will do." - McCloctnick the Lucid