[NCLUG] Question regarding resizing ext3 filesystems

Jeffrey D. Means meaje at meanspc.com
Sat Mar 11 16:15:13 MST 2006

Hi All,

I have a 2Gb root partition that I want to resize up to around 30Gb.  Has
anyone had any experience with this and is it even a good idea or should I
just consider moving my /var and /usr directories to another partition?  I am
running at that point of no extra space on my drive right now so any
recommendations would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks,
Jeffrey D. Means                                   meaje at meanspc.com
Owner / CIO for MeansPC                       http://www.meanspc.com/
Custom Web Development For Your Needs.                 (970)308-1298

- The stupidity of a stupid person is exercised in a restricted
field; the stupidity of an intelligent individual has a much broader
diffusion, and far greater effect, aided  as it is by the element
of surprise.

My Public PGP Key ID is: 0x81F00126
and available via:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x81F00126