[NCLUG] Ousting Exchange

DJ Eshelman djsbignews at gmail.com
Thu May 4 13:03:44 MDT 2006

Yeah - you're probably right.  But I am encouraged to see more companies
taking the RedHat approach (we're selling support, not selling software) and
having it work.  I just think most people feel powerless, especially in the
Business desktop computing arena.  The all-or-nothing Windows versus Linux
ethos has got to go.

By the by, a client of mine just told me he wants to deploy a sugarCRM based
system within the month, so I'm officially foot-in-mouth about the no Linux
servers comment...  They'll be operating side by side with Exchange because
they already bought it, but in light of this conversation, I could have
saved them $2000 by having an all-Linux based solution from the very
beginning.  For a three-person operation, that's pretty significant.

I think, also, that I make a better Philosophiser than Technician most days
:)

Now that my Tuesdays are going to be free during the summer, perhaps I'll
get to philosophise more in person...

-DJ