[NCLUG] Ousting Exchange

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Thu May 4 15:12:10 MDT 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 01:03:44PM -0600, DJ Eshelman wrote:
> Yeah - you're probably right.  But I am encouraged to see more companies
> taking the RedHat approach (we're selling support, not selling software) and
> having it work.  I just think most people feel powerless, especially in the
> Business desktop computing arena.  The all-or-nothing Windows versus Linux
> ethos has got to go.

I think there's more of that "selling support, not software" thing going
on than many realize.  The number of distro-specific and general-purpose
open source support companies out there actually surprises me from time
to time.

"A script is what you give the actors.  A program
is what you give the audience." - Larry Wall