Mail delivery time (was: Re: [NCLUG] New LUG in town)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Nov 15 00:51:00 MST 2006

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 12:29:26AM -0700, Chad Perrin wrote:
>Why exactly would this message have taken several hours to be delivered
>back to me?

You'll have to contact the ipowerweb.com folks to have them look at the
logs on their mail server.  In looking at the logs on the mail server and
your headers, I see that host15.ipowerweb.com made a connection right when
you sent the message, and the community mail server gave a 450 for
greylisting.  The problem was that the next time ipowerweb.com tried to
re-deliver the message was 10 hours later...  Not sure why they would have
sat on it that long.

 UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
 would also stop you from doing clever things.  -- Doug Gwyn