[NCLUG] nclug mailing lists and plus addressing

Warren Turkal wt at penguintechs.org
Tue Nov 21 12:44:39 MST 2006

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 05:49, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> In looking at the list of subscribers, I see two users subscribed with + in
> their address, including your "wt+nclug" address, so I'd have to say that
> it looks like it's supported.

It doesn't accept the space in quotes or the unquoted equivalent with %20
replacing the space.

error is the following:
The email address you supplied is not valid. (E.g. it must contain an `@'.)

In the unquoted case (wt+mailing%20lists/nclug at domain.tld form), the error is
the following:
Your subscription is not allowed because the email address you gave is
insecure.

Is there a proper form that I could write these addresses so that they would
work?

wt
--
Warren Turkal (w00t)