[NCLUG] DSL Throttling or General Congestion?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Nov 24 12:12:16 MST 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 11:42:35PM -0700, F.L. Whiteley wrote:
>FRII backhauls their DSL via Cogent.

This statement doesn't make sense to me, by my definition of "backhaul".  I
believe they terminate their DSL and probably other Internet access in
Denver, where they get transit service through Cogent and possibly others
in the Carrier Hotel.  It's not just DSL that's going over Cogent, tracing
to www.frii.com seems to go the same way until the last 2 hops.

Thanks,
 Come see the violence inherent in the system!
 Help!  Help!  I'm being repressed!  -- Monty Python and the Holy Grail