[NCLUG] spam help

jeff jeff at themoes.org
Fri Sep 8 17:26:17 MDT 2006

Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> I switched our mail server over from qmail to Postfix around 3 years ago
> and have been very happy.  Of course, if you're using vpopmail, you also
> have to switch away from it.  The "using vpopmail with qmail" instructions
> are "Install qmail, and push all vpopmail through qmail".  This is because
> vpopmail relies heavily on .qmail files and qmail-users for delivery.
>
> This is why I wrote vPostMaster for Postfix.  Same sort of thing as
> vpopmail+qmailadmin+spamassassin+++...

I'm in the vpopmail+qmail+etc world and have been for way too long, but there
is quite a bit of inertia to get /out/ of it. How did you go about the
migration of everyone's accounts and passwords? I'm not doing mysql/pg, just
the userdb files. It's this part that gives me "pause" to say the least. :)

I have run a bit of postfix here & there on new setups and it works fine for
what I need.

Thanks,

-Jeff