[NCLUG] [offtopic] Looking for old SCSI stuff

Marcio Luis Teixeira marciot at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 23:49:01 MDT 2007

Fast and UltraWide? Ha! We're talking mid-1986 here -- it
supports pre-standards SCSI-1 at a whopping 1MBs/sec...
narrow and slow, and not even compatible with all drives
because of a firmware bug.

However, I believe the SCSI-2 1.25G may be backwards
compatible enough to at least warrant a try.

As for the enclosure, do you know what type of SCSI
standard it is? For it to be useful to me I need the large
Centronics 50 connectors, or at least a 50 pin connector
on the drives themselves.

I don't go to the Hacking Society meetings, but I
come to the NCLUG meetings.

-- Marcio