[NCLUG] Hardware Hacking and Embedded Linux - Talk Followup

Paul Hummer paul at eventuallyanyway.com
Tue Dec 11 21:19:46 MST 2007

For those of you who missed my talk, the slides are available at
http://lugtalk.theironlion.net.  For those of you who were there (and in
addition to my slides for those who weren't...) Syngress published a
book called "Linksys WRT54G : Ultimate Hacking" that pretty much details
a lot of the things I went over.  None of it was new to me, but I got it
free at Defcon for buying a few other books.  I'd be willing to let
someone borrow if they were interested in hacking it.

I also asked around for anyone who would be willing to go into to buy
the parts for a Reprap (http://www.reprap.org).  It's a plastic
fabricator, very cool, total cost of the first one is ~$300, and then
the idea is to have that Reprap fabricate almost all the other pieces to
make more.  Pretty soon, everyone could have a 3d printer!  If anyone
would like to donate seed money, I'll put it in my stash to buy the
parts and make sure to fabricate one for you first.

I'll be posting the video soon.

Thanks,
Paul