[NCLUG] setting up wireless to use dns

Benson Chow blc at q.dyndns.org
Fri Jul 20 18:59:12 MDT 2007

Another guess here:

Are you using a different copy of libc with the software copied from your
workstation?  Using uclibc (and what version if you are)?

The resolver is typically handled by libc/libresolv.  I'm not sure if
programs dynamic linked against uclibc will work directly with full glibc,
but anyway...

Seems there are some shortcuts being taken in uclibc...maybe you have a broken
version (perhaps something ancient)?  Try omitting the "search" directive in
your resolv.conf and place your nameserver statement first in your resolv.conf?

If you're using the same libc/resolver, then I agree, this is extremely
baffling.

-bc