[NCLUG] Downgrade RPM?

Katy G. B. katy at dystonia-dreams.org
Fri Jun 29 01:17:08 MDT 2007

there's like so no point for force here,

    --oldpackage is added just for doing this; for reverting to and
older version safely, without breaking unknown dependencies.  like if
python was upgrade through yum it mighta, prolly upgraded other packages
too like e.g. gnome2-python.  there's a proper way to do just about
anything you can imagine without force.  there is one time that --force
is always a girl's, or a guy's best friend, that's when *drum roll*  a
package's file conflicts with a file from another copy of its self, but
by another name.  e.g. "libxine 1.1.7 cannot be installed because
'/usr/local/share/man/fo/bar/blah conflicts with package Xine-lib
1.1.7".  lol, that's what i get for running an alpha release.. oh it is
so like way improved.  i highly recommend openSUSE 10.3.  (and no
they're not debian based, no they're not novell, that's SLED, and no
please no flames: its just my distro of choice).  okay, yah just my
thoughts on using --force.  i.e.; it only 'fixes' rpm errors - it
usually just breaks like way more important stuff.