[NCLUG] ANN: NCLUG Hacking Society, March 06, 2007

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Mar 5 00:06:06 MST 2007

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 03:15:18AM +0000, Paul Hummer wrote:
>actually DOING the work.  Or maybe I'm not understanding it the same
>way, and these "hacking" projects are just software projects, not

It means working on them, not talking about them.  In general, it's best if
you have something you can work on self-directed, whether that may be
coding, learning coding, or reading fark.  It's best to have something to
work on, rather than expecting someone else to entertain or educate you,
unless you've worked out some sort of a group study sort of thing before
hand with others.

>Also, how do I find all the other guy's at Cozolla's Pizza.  Do I just
>walk in and say I'm looking for the Hacking Society?  I'm pretty sure

In general, it's not much of a problem to find the Hacking Society dinner
group.  The group of people, many of them wearing geek-oriented shirts,
talking about geek stuff...

Thanks,
 "Bill and Ted on cryptography: If you are really us...  What number are we
 thinking of?" -- Sean Reifschneider, 1998