[NCLUG] Daylight Saving Time, and free unices

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Mar 5 00:29:00 MST 2007

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 04:09:24PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
>and for some reason can't be upgraded to say why they are in that
>position.  Why can't they upgrade?  What is the issue?  That would be

The primary case for this seems to boil down to having selected a
non-enterprise sort of distro, often at times before the enterprise-type
distros were available, and updates simply not being available for as long
a term as the client would like.

Updating to a whole new distro can be quite time-consuming, and it just
comes down to having limited resources and the pressure on those resources
causing them to have to pick their battles.  Sure, we could go through and
upgrade production test, and spend a bunch of time testing and fixing
things to go to a new distro, or we could work on adding customer demanded
features and bug-fixes...  That sort of thing.

It's nice when you can avoid those sorts of situations, but there are
people who are in them.

Thanks,
 Well, what does she expect? You leave your navigator lying around,
 naturally somebody is going to run over him.  -- _Death_Race_2000_