PostgreSQL Timezone was Re: [NCLUG] Daylight Saving Time, and free unices

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Thu Mar 8 18:08:38 MST 2007

Hi Bill

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/runtime-config.html

16.4.8.2. Locale and Formatting

timezone (string)

    Sets the time zone for displaying and interpreting time stamps. The
    default is 'unknown', which means to use whatever the system
    environment specifies as the time zone. See Section 8.5 for more
    information.

hth
Evelyn

* On 2007-03-08 17:56 bill thorson <bill at tstorms.com> wrote:
> Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> >On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 06:45:10PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> >
> >>Evolution/libical uses its own timezone data?  Wow!  Talk about
> >>

> >I believe PostgreSQL and Java also have their own copy of the timezone
> >data.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Sean
> >
> Sean,
>
> I heavily use Postgres and was surprised when you mentioned that it may
> have it's own timezone data.  I've been looking around and cannot find
> any information about their tz data or any updates.  I'd be interested
> if you know any links that might help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

This email is: [ ] actionable [x] fyi [ ] social
Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [x] soon [ ] none

                            http://www.tummy.com/