[NCLUG] Re: comcast blocking port 25?

Matt rosing at peakfive.com
Fri Mar 23 00:10:19 MDT 2007

>A friend of mine said that Comcast blocked port 25, at least on his
>machine. I don't know if comcast is selectively picking machines to
>block (my friend has a mail alias that broadcasts to about 100 people
>and I don't know if that is something comcast sees). If they do that

An update on this thread: My friend called comcast and they said he
was a spammer, so they blocked his port 25 based on his cable
modem. He's tested his machine for open relays and so I don't think
he's unknowingly sending spam. He asked comcast why they thought he
was a spammer and they said they had a complaint about him. He said
he'd like to challenge that complaint but he got nowhere stuck
fighting a big bureaucracy. He had two options, buy a new cable modem
or go with dsl. He did the latter.

Matt