[NCLUG] local end-user support

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Tue Nov 13 13:42:19 MST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 04:50:44PM -0700, DJ Eshelman wrote:

> I always think of the medical clinics I support that call me every day.  If
> their applications had been programmed on Linux, I can pretty much guarantee
> they wouldn't have the issues that they often call me with.
>
> But hey... it keeps the paycheck steady, so why rock the boat, right?

Rock the boat because you want to spend more time adding value to your
clients' businesses than simply bailing water.

Patrick J. LoPresti: "Emacs has been replaced by a shell script which 1)
Generates a syslog message at level LOG_EMERG; 2) reduces the user's disk
quota by 100K; and 3) RUNS ED!!!!!!"