[NCLUG] local end-user support

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Nov 16 11:57:05 MST 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 10:37:35AM -0700, DJ Eshelman wrote:
> I'd hoped you'd catch my sarcasm there.

Sorry.  I guess it was too subtle for me.

> Actually in the last 3 years I've led a business model of 'work ourselves
> out of a job' at the majority of my clients, which has oddly enough worked.
> I've gone from literally needing to spend 40 hours at one clinic, down to
> about 7 hours a month (yes, I said month) by fine tuning things to that
> point and teaching their users to be more self-sufficient.
> It defies logic, but since starting this approach, we've taken on 5
> additional high-end customers and I'm guessing we're on our way to crack 2
> million in revenue this year...  not that I see much of that personally,
> mind you, but it's not bad for a little three person shop that doesn't
> charge enough for our services.

I've been known to define a true professional as someone who works toward
the day when he's obsolete.  In other words, I think you're on the right
track.

> have a good weekend everyone!

Thanks.  You too.

Baltasar Gracian: "A wise man gets more from his enemies than a fool from
his friends."