[NCLUG] Installfest anyone?

James DeWitt jdewitt at verinet.com
Mon Apr 7 00:51:37 MDT 2008

On Sunday 06 April 2008 5:03:07 pm Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 06:05:11PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> > On Apr 5, 2008, at 5:24 PM, Chad Perrin wrote:
> > >Whether or not I'd sign up for a shirt depends on what's on the
> > >shirt, I
> > >guess.
> >
> > Likewise, I guess I was naive in assuming that was a given.
>
> I should add that anything too explicitly Linux-oriented is less likely
> to get me excited, since my last remaining Linux system is just something
> too old and unimportant to bother upgrading at the moment.  Walking
> around with some big happy Tux on my chest would be a bit like an MSN
> butterfly for me -- in that I don't even use the stuff, generally, so I
> don't see much point in advertising it.
>
> What I'd really like to advertise is the LUG, not Linux.  I come to the
> meetings for the presentations and the people, not the penguins, and
> that's what I'd like to show off on a shirt.
> <snip>

I have to disagree here. This is the "Northern Colorado Linux Users' Group,"
and it is very appropriate to put the name of the group on group sponsored
T-shirts and other materials.  The Tux penguin logo is not required, of
course, but it is a recognizable and well-liked symbol of the OS.

Thanks,
James