[NCLUG] Re: Ubuntu sound problems--Installfest question

Paul Hummer paul at eventuallyanyway.com
Tue Apr 8 18:52:41 MDT 2008

danbob wrote:
> So, if I were to bring my Frankenbox down to the installfest, would
> someone try to help me to *get the #$*&^#*&$ sound working* in Ubuntu
> gutsy gibbon?

Sure bring it by!  I bet it has something to do with BIOS settings.  I
struggled with my nforce chipset when I first installed debian on it
when I first got it.  There was some really unintuitive and meaningless
(to me) that once I changed, the network and sound started working (and
since I was doing debian netinst, it meant that I could then install an
OS...)

Paul