[NCLUG] Installfest Status

Paul Hummer paul at eventuallyanyway.com
Thu Apr 10 11:42:47 MDT 2008

Just a quick status note so that you all know where we are in getting
the Installfest organized (I use the word "we" because this is a
community event *hint hint*)

CollegeAmerica has agreed to host the event.  We're hoping to have the
event on May 17th, but I'm still waiting to hear back on that.  Sean
Reifschneider has graciously volunteered to bring a PXE environment, so
we don't have to have so many CD-Rs laying around.  Jim Hutchinson has
been spearheading the t-shirt stuff (with Moriah submitting designs).
I've obtained equipment to put Linux/XBMC on an Xbox (so if you've got
an old X-box, let's resurrect it!), and various people have volunteered
to bring switching equipment.  I think we're set there.  If anyone has
any special needs (or wants something crazy-outrageous), send me an
email (or one to the list) and we'll try and accommodate you.

As far as the t-shirts are concerned, everyone so far seems to like the
ones with the distro logos.  However, something Kevin was nice enough to
point out: if we want to use the distro logos, we need to get
permission.  That's tedious work for me to go around and find all the
email addresses to get permission, write the emails, and make sure they
respond back with a yay or nay.  If we want to use one of those, I think
it'd be best if a few of us just took one logo and found where to get
permission, and do that, and report back.

If anyone else would like to help, that'd be great.

Paul