[NCLUG] Installfest Status

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Thu Apr 10 13:03:50 MDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:42:47AM -0600, Paul Hummer wrote:
> Just a quick status note so that you all know where we are in getting
> the Installfest organized (I use the word "we" because this is a
> community event *hint hint*)
>
> CollegeAmerica has agreed to host the event.  We're hoping to have the
> event on May 17th,

Damn.  I may be out of town, on my way to Connecticut for CFP 2008.
Probably not, the way things are looking, but maybe.

> As far as the t-shirts are concerned, everyone so far seems to like the
> ones with the distro logos.  However, something Kevin was nice enough to
> point out: if we want to use the distro logos, we need to get
> permission.  That's tedious work for me to go around and find all the
> email addresses to get permission, write the emails, and make sure they
> respond back with a yay or nay.  If we want to use one of those, I think
> it'd be best if a few of us just took one logo and found where to get
> permission, and do that, and report back.

I'll try to get in touch with the copyright-holder for the Beastie image.

John W. Russell: "People point. Sometimes that's just easier. They also use
words. Sometimes that's just easier. For the same reasons that pointing has
not made words obsolete, there will always be command lines."