[NCLUG] Re: For the love of Tuxie

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Thu Apr 10 14:54:23 MDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 01:46:22PM -0600, Jim Hutchinson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Bob Proulx <bob at proulx.com> wrote:
>
> I really hate number 3 because it perpetuates the negative cracker
> > connotation with hacker.
> >

> Yeah, I thought most "hackers" were trying to break that stereotype so we
> probably don't want to perpetuate it.

That's why I suggested using color (and maybe size) to emphasize the
positive definition of "hacker".  Maybe even add a strikethrough to the
negative definition.

. . . or use the Jargon File definition:

  http://catb.org/jargon/html/H/hacker.html

Isaac Asimov: "Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is
completely programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest."