[NCLUG] Re: Ubuntu sound problems--Installfest question

danbob danbob at hughes.net
Fri Apr 11 01:02:49 MDT 2008

OK -- well, the input here has been excellent as always.
And the  installfest looks like it will happen while I am out of state
on a business trip.
SO -- Plan C.
I think I'll nab a cheap and linux compatible sound card for my
Frankenbox. I do have a slot open for it. When I need to do studio
mixing, optical, digital input etc. in windows, I'll plug in the Extigy
and use the USB for it. For Linux, I'll use the new card.

Any suggestions on a no-brainer "it just works" Linux PCI sound card
(5.1 surround I hope) for the Frankenbox? Something as simply functional
as my current gold dust "it just works" Orinoco laptop PCM wireless
card? (That card will have to be pryed out of my cold, dead hands to
leave the office here, it works with EVERY linux computer I plug it
into).

Cheers all.....yo soy penguinista.

DAN