[NCLUG] A bunch of parts to give away.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Apr 21 19:11:25 MDT 2008

We have a bunch of stuff that we are looking to give away.  There are a few
catches though...  First is that it's a limited time offer.  Anything
that's not gone by Wednesday afternoon goes to recycling.  Also, the person
who needs the least amount of support (either pre or post sales :-) wins.
People who can pick up the gear tomorrow between, say 6pm and 10pm in Old
Town Fort Collins at or near the Bean Cycle win.

Please e-mail me off-list to let me know what you are interested in and
I'll let you know where you stand on it.

Here's the stuff:

50-60 Heat Sinks for P4, Celeron, and Xeon Systems, 1 for AMD.  These are
mostly the heatsinks that you get in "boxed sets" from Intel with
CPU+heatsink.  We mostly put CPUs in 1U servers, so we can't use the
included heatsinks in almost all situations.  About a dozen or so are solid
copper Xeon heatsinks, maybe another dozen are copper core with aluminum
fins.  In general, they include the heatsink fans.

2 Floppy Drawers.  These will lock together, and hold around 40 floppies
each.  Nice, but I don't use floppies.

HP 712 workstation 64 or 128 MB Memory, Serial port, 1G Hard Drive.  AFAIK,
this is in functional condition.  I don't have a CD-ROM drive for it.

Trident ISA Video Card

PCI 10baseT Ethernet Card

Intel PCI Modem

Another Intel PCI Modem

SmartLink PCI Modem

MultiTech PCI Modem

Internal PCI V.92 Data/Fax/Tam Modem.  New in box.

Voice Modem, Internal PCI V92/56Kbps.  New in box.

Pair of *OLD* 8MB Memory Modules.  I don't even know what they're called
any more, but think 386/486 era.  Like DIMMs, but much smaller and with
gigantic connection pads.  I think they were in a 486 DX2/66, to give you
an idea of the era.

3Com 3C905TX 100baseT Network Card

8 Port, 10baseT Ethernet Hub, Plus Print Server, 2 Serial Ports,
MicroPlex M208,

EMachine PC case, Possibly dead CPU/Mobo, No power supply, Athlon 2800,
Nice case, Floppy + CD-RW + DVD Rom, Smart card.  I think what happened was
the power supply died, but I thought it was the motherboard, put in a new
mobo, and it had the same problem (chipset extremely hot, wouldn't run or
would crash).  Probably best to use as a case for another mobo/cpu/ps, but
if you have the time yo might be able to use the CPU or motherboard.

1U Rack Mount, Celeron 500, 96MB Ram, Ethernet, 27GB Hard Drive, Boots
Centos 5.

Celeron 667, 256MB Ram, No Drives, Ethernet/Audio/Serial, Parallel,
Wavy video in Bios, Fine in memtest, Runs memtest.

Celeron 733 256MB Ram, Dual Ethernet, Serial + Parallel + USB, 41GB Hard
Drive, Boots Centos.

Pentium 3 - 667, Video Wavy in Bios, Fine in Centos 5, CD Burner, 14GB Hard
Drive, 320MB Ram, Ethernet + USB + Serial + Audio and Game Port.

Tall SuperMicro Tower, Celeron 2.4GHZ, Nice Power Supply, 1GB Ram,
Big Case, Was reporting thermal issues, ran fine otherwise,  I just didn't
have time to dork around with resolving the issues and instead just
replaced it wholesale.  No drives.  As I said, this is a big case, around 3
feet tall, 5 or 6 5" front HH bays, just huge.  This breaks from the mold,
I'd like to see $75 from it.  The power supply alone is probably worth that
and the case was $350 when I got it.  If nobody wants it for $75, I'll take
$30.  Then free, then it goes to recycling.  :-)  So tell me how much
you're willing to pay, highest gets it.

 A smart terminal is not a smart*ass* terminal, but rather a terminal
 you can educate.  -- Rob Pike