[NCLUG] Ubuntu 8.04 - CLI mode

William Greger billjgreger at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 7 09:40:31 MDT 2008

Bob,

  When I have been working the IC design workplace, the IT group has already set up my account and initial design environment, which is command line interface.  Then, when I login, the PC reads my  .login  file (see attached).  The design tools are more amenable (to me) in a command line mode, and it lends itself better to scripting.
  So I am trying to emulate the same scenario.  For me to set up my terminal windows, I have to use  Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal, and then  source ~/.login.  After which I remove the original terminal window.

Bill Greger