[NCLUG] Re: Eee PC Xandros

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Thu Dec 4 21:24:12 MST 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 05:52:50PM -0700, Jim Hutchinson wrote:

> I've read several accounts of people declining the Windows EULA and then
> requesting a refund from the vendor. I guess the EULA says that if you don't
> agree you can request a refund and vendors are grudgingly providing it. In
> the unlikely event I ever buy a PC with windows I will be doing this. The
> more people do this, the more vendors will be wanting to renegotiate their
> contract with MS.

I've read something about that too, now that you mention it.

> Speaking of dumping MS, looks like IBM is willing to try.
>
> http://www.tgdaily.com/html_tmp/content-view-40459-140.html

Too bad this doesn't imply a direct impact on the availability of non-MS
operating systems on Thinkpads, as it might once have.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth William Gibson: "The future is already here.  It's just not very