[NCLUG] GD Charting Tutorials

Dave Treece davet at frii.com
Sun Dec 21 12:38:36 MST 2008

Curiosity getting the best of me, but can anyone recommend a good book
or web site that can explain in somewhat basic terms the process of
building charts? Generally I'd like something that referenced the use of
GD, but, really that shouldn't be necessary. I know there are lots of
libraries out there, but I'd really like to get into the nuts and bolts.
For example, given a set of data points, how do you map all that into a
specific area, define they limits, scale the data into those limits,
define a viewport, extents, etc. I guess I'm looking for some basic
concepts that could be applied to just about any language with
graphical/charting capabilities. I used to have a book that defined some
of these concepts and for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere in my
library and I've yet to find anything on Amazon, or the web the just
does that.

Any Ideas?
--
   Dave Treece

   <incredibly philosophical sig under construction>