[NCLUG] xbox install - anybody got a dongle/game DVD?

John Gilmore jgilmore at glycou.com
Tue Dec 23 08:39:09 MST 2008

I have a xbox and was planing to install mythTV on it and use it as my media
center. I recently quit working for TiVo, and so I had to give my TiVo back,
and have nothing - my kids especially are disappointed. I have no intention
of ever running any xbox games on it, the box should boot directly to
mythTV, so I'll be flashing the cromwell BIOS.

I though I could just pull the HDD, dump linux on it and go, but it turns
out that I need a certain game and a hacked saved game. Does anybody have
those that I could borrow for long enough to flash the BIOS?

I don't know if that will be enough though - the DVD drive on this xbox is
reportedly not working... which may make it a lost cause anyway... I don't
have any xbox games to test it with.