[NCLUG] MythTV Questions

Paul Hummer paul at eventuallyanyway.com
Fri Feb 15 14:38:49 MST 2008

Preface : While these questions are specifically for Brian, I think
there's value in getting everyone else's ideas as well.

MythTV has been a hit at my house.  My wife loves it, but she doesn't
love the fact that now there's a computer in the living room as well as
in both bedrooms.  She probably wouldn't mind if the box wasn't so big
and ugly, and right next to the TV stand.

Brian showed off some UPnP clients that would probably work quite well.
I could put that big ol' ugly box in the closet with the two rackmount
servers I bought from Tummy, and then put the small UPnP device by the
tv.  My requirements are these:

DVI out (or at least VGA)
Remote Control (no keyboard)
Able to read from the MythTV-server
Remote Control
Remote Control

Brian, could you also post the hardware list of the things you demoed,
like that HD HomeRun?

Thanks,
Paul