[NCLUG] Nameserver Hosting

Brian Wood bwood at beww.org
Mon Feb 25 11:34:15 MST 2008

On Feb 25, 2008, at 11:09 AM, DJ Eshelman wrote:

> I thought for sure I'd be the last in the world to actually /
> recommend/ this, but I've been pretty happy with GoDaddy, who does
> registration and DNS hosting.  The DNS hosting is included in the
> price and I've never had an issue, in fact they are one of the rare
> ones with an actual usable interface that you can actually even add
> things like SPF records and I think even multi-alias servers with
> little difficulty.

The problems I have read about with GoDaddy include their retaining
ownership of domains they have charged their customers for. In the
rare event that a domain becomes very popular they apparently use that
ownership to leverage a huge increase in fees to the customer. Of
course I do not know if these allegations are true.

I also am not impressed by their attempts to use sex to sell their
services, as anyone who has seen their TV commercials has experienced.

Generally the more heavily advertised a product becomes the less
likely you are to need it.

Check out:

http://nodaddy.com/

But if they are providing you with good service I'm glad to hear that.

beww