[NCLUG] Gateway MT6916

Marcio Luis Teixeira marciot at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 10:46:25 MST 2008

> On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 05:18:16PM -0700, Stephen Warren wrote:
> > Vincent Randal wrote:
> > >Question: Is there a way to make the Linux sound driver work in
 Windows XP?
> > >Kind of like the reverse of a Windows NDIS driver working in Linux
 via
> > >ndiswrapper maybe?
> >
> > It's extremely unlikely.
>
> I think that's putting it mildly.  I'm about 99.99% certain that
 there's
> nothing of the kind out there.

Hum... wouldn't running Windows in VMWare under Linux allow Windows XP to use a Linux sound driver?

Sorry, useless suggestion, but I couldn't resist :)

-- Marcio

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 05:18:16PM -0700, Stephen Warren wrote:
> Vincent Randal wrote:
> >Question: Is there a way to make the Linux sound driver work in
 Windows XP?
> >Kind of like the reverse of a Windows NDIS driver working in Linux
 via
> >ndiswrapper maybe?
>
> It's extremely unlikely.

I think that's putting it mildly.  I'm about 99.99% certain that
 there's
nothing of the kind out there.

John Kenneth Galbraith: "If all else fails, immortality can always be
assured through spectacular error."

To unsubscribe, subscribe, or modify
your settings, go to: