[NCLUG] ASUS eeePC

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Jan 3 10:45:03 MST 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 09:57:39AM -0700, Aaron Carnes wrote:
>are a experienced Linux user, the distro they install is too dumbed down and

I've heard, I think from the recent article linked on /. that you can drop
down into KDE mode with a few simple commands and then it's pretty much
just a regular KDE system, including the ability to install new packages
from Xandros' repositories.

I don't have one, I pretty much rely on having a real laptop with me all
the time, which I do for work reasons, so the Eee would be just another
damn thing to keep charged.  Part of the reason I never really used the
770.  On the other hand, efm has loved her 770s and so far is loving her
N810.

I haven't used one, but I have a friend who has an Eee and so far he loves
it.

 Actual error message:  "Keyboard not connected.  Press F1 to continue."
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/